Davis Legacy Soccer Club is looking for experienced soccer coaches to lead one or more of our U9 to U19 competitive youth soccer teams. You need to have a background in playing the sport and some coaching experience. Having a USSF C or higher coach license, or UEFA license equivalent, is preferred. Strong leadership and communication skills are necessary and essential to motivate our players and help them hone their skills to the highest level. We prefer candidates with a degree in a sports medicine-related subject, but your experience on the soccer field and coach license level are the most essential qualifications for this coaching position.
ABOUT THE DAVIS LEGACY SOCCER CLUB
Established in 1989 in Davis, California, Davis Legacy Soccer Club is the premier soccer organization for youth and adults in Northern California to learn and grow their love for the beautiful game. Davis Legacy Soccer club is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit. Davis Legacy’s mission is to Provide the highest-levels of quality soccer training for players and enhance their social, emotional and physical health, in a positive and safe environment. Davis Legacy fosters a soccer learning environment that teaches creative, attacking, and possession-style soccer built on a foundation of strong technical skills.
Davis Legacy is a “Players 1st” designated club by U.S. Club Soccer, and operates 50 boys and girls youth soccer teams between the ages of 8 (U9) and 18 (U19) who compete in the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL), National Premier League (NPL) and NorCal Premier League, and a U6-U8 Player Development Program and a recreational program. Davis Legacy also operates a Men’s First Team as part of the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL) and provides a pathway for our women players to participate in the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL) as part our partnership with the California Storm.
All Davis Legacy teams train and play matches at the Tsakopoulos Family Soccer Complex, also known as the Davis Legacy Soccer Complex, which is a privately owned and operated 63-Acre soccer facility in Davis, California that boasts 16 full sized and professionally maintained grass fields.
WHAT WE OFFER AND PROVIDE
• Competitive and consistent monthly pay based on license type and level, years of experience, and active season length of assigned team
• Reimbursement for USSF/UEFA Licensing Pathways (Effective June 2022 and subject to longevity timeframes)
• Full coaches kit & team equipment
• Travel reimbursement
• Dedicated soccer complex for all training sessions and home games
• Monthly cell phone, internet, and petty expense stipend (Effective June 2022)
• 401K (Effective June 2022)
• Additional pay opportunities
SOCCER COACH DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend tryouts for Davis Legacy Soccer Club, and evaluate tryout participants and make offers to them to join the club as part of your assigned team(s).
• Effectively communicate with, and manage contact between, players and parents on your team and Davis Legacy Soccer Club throughout the season.
• Stay current on developments in youth soccer through reading and participation in continuing professional education.
• Complete mandatory SafeSport training, Concussion Training, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training, as required by California Law and/or Davis Legacy Soccer Club.
• Attend all coach education, training and/or informational meetings when scheduled by the Executive Director of Coaching for the Davis Legacy Soccer Club.
• Plan, manage and run two to three soccer training sessions per week for each assigned soccer team.
• Attend, coach and manage all soccer game functions for all league and tournament matches for your assigned team(s).
• Provide two player evaluations to each player on your assigned team(s) during the course of the season.
• Become familiar with the bylaws and rules of the Davis Legacy Soccer Club, NorCal Premier Soccer, Elites Club National League, National Premier League, and U.S. Club Soccer.
• Perform additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director of Coaching.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Davis Legacy Soccer Club is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.