The U8 Development Program is a skills-based program administered by our professionally licensed coaches. Our curriculum is specifically designed to help players that reside in this age group develop the skills needed to transition to our U9 competitive teams and beyond. Some of the focus areas include:
- Technical Skills (ball control): Moves to beat an opponent, first touch, dribbling at speed, shooting and passing with both feet!
- Learning 1v1 and 2v1 situations: Being able to read 1v1 and 2v1 situations are at the foundation of attack-minded soccer players.
- Learning to Hold a Position: Learning 1v1 skills doesn’t help if your teammate takes the ball from you!
- Psychomotor Skills Development: Practicing movements that will help with coordination on the soccer field.
- FUN: Following the philosophy of our club, we want to create lifelong soccer players. In order to do so, kids must enjoy the game and be free from the fear of failure.
FOR SPRING 2018 – Players born in 2010
We only have slots available on our U8 Girls Teams (players born in 2010).
Currently the boys teams are full.
If you would like register for a drop-in to see if you player enjoys the program, please enter your information HERE.
The U8 Girls program will run March – May.
At the end of May, the 2010 age groups have U9 tryouts.
Our U8 teams participate in two separate seasons. One during the fall and one during the spring. Each season is complete with practices and games. Teams will participate in jamboree style events with other local clubs. Per the USSF guidelines, games for this age groups are played a 4v4 format. Season length and practices times are:
- Fall: August 6th – November 28th
- Spring: March 4th – May 2th
Practices are held Monday and Wednesday from 5:00 – 6:00 pm at the Davis Legacy Soccer Complex.
The program cost is $95 per month for each of the 7 months. Uniforms are a one-time cost of approximately $80 and is included as part of your first monthly payment.
If you would like to join the U8 program for Fall 2018, please enter your information by clicking here: REGISTRATION
Summer drop-in sessions will take place:
All sessions will take place 5:00 – 6:00 pm.
Please attend as many as you can!
By attending drop-in sessions, it will allow your player to experience our setting and see if the program is an activity they enjoy. It will also allow our coaches to see if a player is in the appropriate environment.
We look forward to seeing you out on the field!
If you have any questions, please email: U8dev@davislegacysoccer.org